- 1 kg cleaned baby octopus
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 fresh small red Thai chillies, sliced thinly
- 2 large red capsicums (700g), sliced thinly
- 6 green onions, cut into 2cm lengths cup firmly packed fresh basil leaves
- 400g tat soi
- 2 tablespoons grated palm sugar or table sugar
- 1/4 cup (60ml) fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon kecap manis
- 3/4 cup loosely packed fresh coriander leaves
Cut each octopus in half length ways.
Heat peanut oil in wok: stir fry octopus, in batches, until browned all over and tender. Cover to keep warm.
Heat sesame oil in same wok; stir fry garlic, chili and capsicum until capsicum is just tender. Return octopus to wok with onion, basil, tat soi, sugar and sauces; stir fry until tat soi just wilts. Remove from heat; stir in coriander.
14.5g carbohydrate, 7.7g total fat (1.3g saturated fat), 1229kJ (294 cal), 41.3g protein