- 1.5kg black mussels
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 shallots (75g), sliced thinly
- 2 trimmed celery stalks (200g), sliced thinly
- 2 large roma tomatoes (180g), chopped finely
- 1/2 cup (125ml) dry white wine
- 200g curly endive
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh chives 1/4 cup (60ml) lemon juice
Step 1 – Scrub mussels, remove beards.
Step 2 – Heat oil in wok; stir fry garlic, shalot and celery until shallot softens. Add tomato: stir fry 30 seconds. Add wine: bring to a boil. Reduce heat simmer, uncovered, until liquid reduces by half.
Step 3 – Add mussels; simmer, covered, about 5 minutes or until mussels open (discard any that do not).
Step 4 – Add remaining ingredients to wok; toss gently to combine. Serve mussels with broth in large serving bowls.
Serves 4 per serving
6.8g carbohydrate, 3.8g total barrel (0.7g saturated fat), 519kJ (124 cal), 9.9g protein