- 4 Kassler chops
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 reaspoon sweet chilli sauce
- 1 large apple, peeled, cored and cut into ring slices
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 3 Table spoons sherry
- 2 Tablespoon honey
- ½ head red shredded cabbage (or premade saur kraut)
- 5 medium gherkins roughly chopped
- 2 Table spoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey or sweet chilli sauce
Grill the kassler chops in butter and sweet chilli sauce until golden brown and well cooked on the inside. Be careful not to dry out the chops.
In a separate pan, fry the apples in 2 tablespoons sherry, rosemary and the honey. They must be soft and brown. Set aside and keep all sauce that is left in the pan for serving. Next, fry the cabbage with butter, 1 tablespoon sherry, gherkins, apple cider vinegar and 1 teaspoon honey until tender.
Layer the kassler chops with the apple rings in a serving dish (pour apple sauce over the chops) and serve with either cooked cabbage or saur kraut.