- 8 sole fillets (1kg)
- 1 liter (4 cups) water
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic, quartered
- 3 long green chillies, seeded, chopped coarsely
- 2 coriander roots
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 shallots (75g), chopped coarsely
- 1/3 cup (75ml) lime juice
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
Mixed Herb Salad
- 1.5 cups loosely packed fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh coriander leaves
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves, torn
- 1 medium red onion 170g, sliced thinly
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers (260g), seeded, sliced thinly
Step 1 – Make Nam Jim.
Step 2 – Halve each fillet length ways. Combine the water, sauce and juice in large frying pan. Bring to a boil. Add fish, reduce heat, simmer uncovered, about 5 minutes or until cooked as desired. Remove fish from pan with slotted spoon cover to keep warm.
Step 3 – Meanwhile, make mixed herb salad.
Step 4 – Serve fish on salad: top with remaining Nam Jim.
Blend or process Nam Jim ingredients until smooth. Combine mixed herb salad ingredients in medium bowl with a third of the Nam Jim.
Serves 4 per serving
1.9g saturated fat, 1458kJ (348cal), 56.7g protein