- 500g ostrich mince (alternatively use venision or extra- lean beef mince)
- ½ large brown onion, finely chopped
- 4 sprigs of thyme, stems removed
- 1 packet Ina Paarman’s sun-dried tomato pesto
- 1 Tbsp brown onion soup mix (powder)
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat the over to 180 degrees. Sauté the onions and thyme in a pan, with a teaspoon of butter, until golden brown.
Add all other ingredients into a mixing bowel along with the onions and thyme. Mix thoroughly with hands until well combined. Roll into small burger-size balls and place into a baking dish greased with butter. Fatten the tops of the balls slightly for the frikkadel shape. Bake in over for 20-30mins or until slightly pink on the inside.
Serve with salad.
This recipe is equal to 2 small protein bars: